• CNAN NORD NEWS: Communications [09/02/2011]
Currently all Algerian ports have to endure tremendous congestion, which causes enormous delays to our vessels.
Seen the present prohibition to ship conventional cargo to the port of Algiers , CNAN Nord has the pleasure to announce they will continue with a service for ship’s convenience to Algiers. Cargoes will be stuffed into container at the quay in Antwerp.
Closing date will be 3 working days before the vessel starts loading, under following conditions:
- cargo to be at quay , fully marked
- loading permit to be in our possession
- customs ‘clearance, all surveys completed
- cancellation after closing date may result in extra costs in case cargo has already been stuffed
We invite you to contact us for more info/tariffs.
Important: IMO cargoes will not be accepted for this service
CNAN NORD regrets to inform you that, upon instruction of the Algerian authorities, all break-bulk cargo (imo included) is temporary suspended to the port of Algiers, with immediate effect.
In anticipation, we invite you to ship your general cargo to the other Algerian ports (on regular liner base) or, if possible, to containerize, with very competitive rates.
Meanwhile LCL/Groupage/Ship-Convenience solutions are being studied.